Crispy Veggie Oven Fries
Try this healthy alternative to potato fries with Five Spiced BBQ Turkey Sliders with Mango Relish!
- 1 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple handfuls
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced into half-inch strips
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Set up 3 shallow dishes on the counter: Place about a cup of flour in one dish. In the next dish, beat the eggs with mustard and 2 tablespoons flour. In the last dish, combine breadcrumbs with grated cheese, salt and pepper.
Drizzle about 2 tablespoons EVOO on a baking sheet and place into the oven until the oil is hot, about 5 minutes.
While the pan is heating up, coat the veggies in flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing to set coating. Take the pan of hot oil out of the oven and coat the veggie fries in oil. Roast them in the oven, tossing halfway through baking, until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook