- 1 pound mezze penne (aka baby penne)
- 4 cups cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 1/2 cup pulled rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Liberally salt the water and add pasta. Cook 2 minutes shy of al dente. Drain the pasta and return it to the empty pot; reserve.
In a small skillet, heat olive oil and sauté carrots and celery until softened, about 3-4 minutes; reserve.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, dried dill and onion powder, and stir to combine. Add to a mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs and toss to combine; reserve.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together chicken, paprika, cayenne pepper and hot sauce.
Add cheese sauce, carrots and celery, and chicken mixture to the large pot with the pasta. Stir well to combine and pour into a baking dish. Top with Monterey jack and ranch breadcrumbs, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until bubbly and brown on top.
Jeanette’s Turkey Chili Verde Mac n’ Cheese
Grant’s Healthy Pimento Mac
Grant’s Apple Bacon Cheddar Mac